So, what do you pack if you're moving to Africa for over 2 years? Well, aside from the obvious (*cough* sunblock *cough*), there's a few little things that I'm bringing that aren't on the normal lists:
1. An actual lantern. It was a gift from the University of Pittsburgh during a welcoming ceremony. Who knew it would come in handy?
2. Eagles teddy bear. Because soccer just isn't the same. *sigh*
3. My U2 hoodie. Now, the temperature may never drop into the seventies while I'm there, but it's the same as a security blanket to me. All about comfort. Only Maeg and Shelly would understand the joy of gay men dancing.
4. Christmas music. I adore Christmas, and Christmas music is one of my favorite things about the season. So, I'm bringing it along.
5. Wildwood camera-telescope keychains. They remind me of old friends and great times, and I'll bet they don't have anything like them in Togo.
6. My Live 8 pass. It's something small to hang up in my house to serve as a reminder of how decent people can be, even in Philly in 90 degree weather with little shade. "Free hugs!"
I'm sure I'll wind up stuffing a few other things in my bag at the last second, but these ones are all ready to go.